Pages

Thursday 13 May 2010

Something I would take more seriously if I had last year to live over again - Hyunsook


My last year was highschool senior year- the deadly third grade.

I was busy studying for Korean SAT so-called SUNEUNG. It was a time when my hopes dashed and a lot of myself was in ruin. Many people might regret about their lack of studies during their highschool years and try to amend it if they only got the chance. In my case - No. I have poured my entire passion, endeavor and almost everything inside myself that can be used for studying.

But I do regret something, and that was my lack of interest in health. When you possess something, you normally take it for granted and don't know its importance. Only then you know as you lost it and notice...no painfully realize its value.

My last year was in anguish both mentally and physically. However both parts are connected. When you are extremely stressed up you will get sick eventually. And that happened to me. It was painful to acknowledge the fact that I couldn't study for about a month - that I was extremely sick, and my unsatisfactory grades which never showed any improvement. I was sad and angry, disapointed but moreover felt that life was unfair.Yep like I had never heard that word before huh? I didn't want to admit the reality.Didn't want to face the reality. It destroyed me inside out.

Of course nearly everyone is going to get sick in that condition. But will you call me weak? well you cannot. Will you call me brave? no I was a coward. Yes I'm neither. I'm not proud of how I was but I do not regret anything because I worked very hard. That's why I love the bird phoenix. It rises from mere ashes when it dies and cures any scars.

Well... I said many useless and needless words. All those nasty dark past that I don't even want to think about. In short I regret one thing which is not studying... well probably working too hard was the problem. We should work hard to the extent it won't harm our body and our mind. It is difficult to gauge how much or how deep it has to be. But you will know, yes you will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment