Pages

Thursday 18 March 2010

Five things people don't know about me -Hyunsook


1. I'm interested at many fields of the arts - music, literature, art etc.

2. I like collecting music(regardless of the genre), writing novels, and playing the piano. I started playing it since five. At past, I once dreamed to become a pianist but my parents opposed it when I started studying.

3. I love thinking. In a way, I'm a daydreamer.

4..That doesn't mean I'm an impractical, idealistic person. I plan a lot to brace myself up for a task.

5. I work hard. And I'm quite competitive. There is some part of myself wanting to be showy and ostentatious, but experience told me that I shouldn't, that I'm going to build a lot of enemies around me -which is not very exciting.
Why do people want to be succesful? Because they want to be better off than other people around them? Indeed, I'll say they were honest but dilusioned just like I had been.

They were only great in certain aspects that were noticable, which can be shown to the world, and can be percepted by the naked eye. Books tell you to be modest, but they didn't tell you about the reason why you should be. Maybe it's because the trait of bragging is so intrinsic that mere reasoning cannot persuade us to change. However, I understood modesty by experience. It may look ridiculous a nineteen year old talking about some experience. It looks funny for me as well. Hm... then why do I still bother to be successful? Here I go again.

2 comments:

  1. 19 year old girl CAN know more than the elders. Age doesn't matter. If he or she is older than you it doesn't mean he or she knows things better than you. It's what you experienced that counts. You can know what elders don't know and elders can know that you don't know. It's just as easy as this. ^^
    Oh and by the way... Can you teach me how to play piano??? pretty plzzzzzzzzzz ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure you don't sound like a teenager so your mental age might be around 30 :P

    ReplyDelete